Well, I got stung by a jelly fish today...
We were snorkeling at Bequia (pronounced beck-way) today. We had a "day off" from ministry so went to a neighboring Grenadines island. It took about an hour via a barge to get there from here. We hung out and snorkeled then ate there.
While snorkeling, I felt something bite my shoulder (yes, the same shoulder that was hit by the truck yesterday). I freaked out and started brushing my shoulder, but nothing was there. I thought the pain was all in my head, so kept swimming. A few seconds later I knew that it wasnt in my head at all - it really was stinging. I grabbed at my shoulder and looked in my hand - it was a really small jelly fish! It was about the size of a wheat thin.
The snorkel instructor guy told me not to worry, it was harmless. I didn't have to pee on my shoulder ... that would have been awkward (yet interesting). It stung for half an hour and went away. I kept snorkeling the whole time.
I say that it was a "day off" of ministry, however 1 man was saved today on the way back from Bequia and another realized that he needs to repent and be baptized. My buddy David talked with the men the whole hour returning to St. Vincent. When we arrived we prayed with them and invited them to church ... Praise the Lord that He is working here. Your prayers are being answered in a mighty way. I just wish all of you could be here to see it.
All-in-all, a great day in St. Vincent and the Grenadines...
Thank you for your continued prayers.
Friday, June 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is awesome, too bad you didn't have to pee on it cause that really would have made it a great story, something to see on Man vs Wild. I would have urinated on you if it was needed.
You're having a hard time aren't you? Well it's good to hear that you sucked it up...that's my man!
Post a Comment