Thursday, June 21, 2007

SVG 4

Still alive ...

We're still here. The team has been going into public schools this week to minister to the kids. Some schools have given us 30 to 45 minutes to do some skits, sing songs, and teach about Jesus. The school we went to today gave us 2 hours! That was a lot of time with elementary aged kids.

God is using us in the schools. Even though they are a young crowd, I realize that it's important to minister to them too. It helps when I realize that I was 6 or 7 when I became a christian. I don't doubt that God is working in these kids lives.

No more jellyfish, urchins or car accidents ... we've been staying safe. I'm amazed at the beauty of the island every day. We have been able to travel the island a little bit and see some different parts. The banana fields were amazing. They are just rows and rows of banana palms - as far as you can see. Hill after hill is covered with them. It's weird, but awesome.

Also the black sand beaches are crazy. Whenever we have an hour or more of free time we're in the water, snorkeling, swimming, jumping off rocks. It's cool.

Don't think we're just on vacation though. I've been worn out almost every day of working with kids, going to elderly homes, visiting the hospital, and witnessing on the streets. Rastafarians are all over the streets ... we've been witnessing to them often.

We have 6 days left on the island. Continue to pray as we are starting to be wearing out and getting ready to come home. Pray that we will finish stronger than we started.

No comments: