Thursday, May 24, 2007

Sniper


So I've entered into the arena of e-bay snipers today. My mission to snipe a Canon XTi 10.1 Megapixel digital SLR camera was sucessful, thus confirming my masculinity. For those of you who are unaware of this technique called sniping, let me introduce you.

An e-bay sniper is one who watches an item as the auction is about to close. With minutes (or in my case seconds) left, the sniper will place a bid rendering the competition paralyzed due to lack of response time. Some call it trick-theivery but not I. I call it "playing the game." Don't hate the player...

I basically purchased this brand new, never opened camera for just under $100 less than I could have bought it at Costco, and just under $200 from BestBuy (including what I payed for shipping). All in all, it was a good hunt. Pictures will follow...

1 comment:

carsonbelmont said...

Well...From a fellow ebayer, congratulations on sniping an item. There is no other feeling like it.