Monday, October 09, 2006

I concur

So i've been reading some blogs recently about ministry burnout. Mike talked about being close to it, and his friend Josh is there. This past month I've been feeling the symptoms, i think. I guess it's the time of year...

I think my major problem is this distance I'm feeling from God. Things aren't the same. Its almost like I got too busy with ministry for Him. Ya, thats stupid, but I think I did it. That led to a sort of dissatisfaction with the ministry I'm doing. Josh talked about losing joy in the ministry he knows he was made for - a phenomenon I thought impossible but am realizing that I'm experiencing myself.

The remedy ...

I'm not sure. Definitely some away, intentional time with God. I've really been feeling Him coaxing me to Him this past week - and it's time to take him up on that offer. Also, I need to figure out my schedule. I need to figure out what i need to do and put times in my week to do them. Another problem I've been having is being 100% there wherever I am. I jump from student to R.A. to HS associate to 9.30 worship leader to boyfriend back to student several times a day. I need to learn to be where I am totally and not be distracted by my next role.

I just got really distracted by my roomate Tim. He's funny. I just decided to change the look of my blog.

Since I'm pretty sure Mike's going to be the only one to read this (maybe nicole, maybe lucas), i'll just plan on taking to him (you) sometime this week. We can share near burnout stories and pray for each other and talk about practical things we can do. I've come to realize that mike is all about practical things and "fleshing out" what they "look like" ... "quasi."

2 comments:

Mike Lovato said...

Dang, those quotes sound like me....do I really say that stuff so much that they're like "my lines"? Crazy, anyways, let's flesh this stuff out and see what it looks like quasi-soon.

Lucas said...

dude, I'm there.