Here it is:
1. One book that changed your life: Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Cymbala (Jim I think?) I picked this one up from my dad's bookshelf for no good reason. I read it and realized how naked my prayer life was. It's an incredible testimony of what prayer can do. Be careful ... it's convicting.
2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Grapes of Wrath. Once in High School and once in College. I didn't like it the first time, but I did the second time. It mentions Fresno at the end, for all who care about Fresno.
3. One book you’d want on a desert island: Guinness Book of World records. I've always found myself pre-occupied with these books when in school or the doctors office. I think it would take up a good amount of my lonely time on the island, plus it might inspire me to do something like build the worlds largest sand castle ... then live in it.
4. One book that made you laugh: Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller. Mike, who tagged me to do this list, wrote that book for his answer - and i simply deleted his commentary to put in mine, cause we have the same answer. My favorite chapter is the one about penguin sex.
5. One book that made you cry: Well, I don't know if I cried ... but it was close. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. Its a novel based on the story of Hosea (the prophet in the Bible). Whitney wanted me to read it cause it's a mooshy love story. I haven't finished it yet, but plan to. And I didn't cry.
6. One book you wish had been written: I wish my dad wrote a journal of his life growing up til present and gave it to me. I think I would have learned a lot from that one.
7. One book you wish had never been written: Great Expectations. I had to read it in 7th grade! Who does that? It was horrible for my little mind to read that old English and try to understand. It definitely turned me off to reading for a while ... until Harry Potter came out.
8. One book you’re currently reading: Hurt: inside the world of today's teenagers. I should have finished it by now, but I'm working on it.
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: Purpose Driven Youth Ministry by Fields. It's on my desk staring at me.
10. One book you’d like to write: I don't know that I have anything to say/teach yet. Maybe someday I could write about my bivocational experience as a Youth Pastor and owner of a Pizza Parlor. I like pizza.
Saturday, August 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment